What am I doing here? I've had a livejournal for years, so why switch now?
Life is different now. When I started lj, I was a college student keeping track of online friends. Now I'm a homeowner, mom, and semi-master of a million projects. I would also like to share this with more people (I think), and that's not possible without making my LJ public, which I'm not really interested in.
What am I planning to put here? A list for myself when I start to wander:
Documenting what life is like week-to-week for us. I have forgotten far too much about Charlie. Sometimes it feels like I've forgotten everything. When you're living every minute of your life with one (or now two) people, you can't imagine another existence. Three months later that starts to get blurry around the edges. Six months later you can't believe your baby ever looked like that. I would like to write stories, but more than that I would like to remember the mundane day in the life events. The schedule. Their abilities. Their favorite toys and games and phrases. Because someday I may forget how Charlie begged for "fuzzy fuzzy fur feet" from the Foot Book, or how enthralled Mira was with her dangly toys.
Documenting house progress. It has come so, so far, and I am proud. I love before and after pictures even more when they're mine.
Documenting project progress. True, there hasn't been much. But I have so many things going all the time that I would like to show where I got the idea for a project and how I carried it out. This is part of my daily work, after all, and it's important to me.
My goal is to update weekly. This probably won't happen, but I have to start somewhere instead of wishing myself back to Charlie's birth and starting to write things down then.
No comments:
Post a Comment