Friday, August 12, 2011

Not going well

Much like LiveJournal, I keep waiting for a magical moment when I catalogue everything.  HA.  Let's just get started instead.

Mira is 5 months old tomorrow.  And just cried.  Maybe this will be super short?  She has had a very crabby week, but it seems like she turned to corner yesterday.  I took the kids to buy some new toys for her on the theory that she was bored.  Probably wrong, but she and Charlie do love the new toys!  How new toys stand out among the ten million toys we already have is beyond me, but I'm pathetically excited too.

She's had solid food twice now.  The first time she guzzled it down, but last night she was not so interested.  I think she wasn't as hungry and it was late, so she was tired.  But she slept a TON!  She's always a pretty good sleeper, although not in this crabby phase.  But last night was a personal best - up once and she slept until about 9:30.  Shocking!

Mira and I laid on a blanket in the backyard this morning while Charlie ran around.  I waved her around in the air and sang songs to both of them and we all enjoyed it.  It's in the 70s and I love it, although I'm dreading what will be coming soon, of course.  I chased Charlie around, which is his very favorite game.  Lots of asking me "Can't get me?" which means I should chase him and tell him I'm going to get him, or that he can't get me.  The best was when I chased him with Mira and told him "Baby's going to get you!"  He would fall on the ground and I would put her on top of him, which he thought was hilarious.  We did that a little this morning too.  I put her right on top of him (and held on!) and they loved on each other.  It was precious and very entertaining.

Charlie had an awesome day yesterday.  Mira slept late so he and I got to play and cuddle before she got up.  Then we went to Buy Buy Baby and the grocery store and he was an angel.  An absolute angel.  I bought him cookies and gave him kisses - every time I kiss him he says "I love you!" because that's what I usually say when I kiss him.  It makes me happy to know that, even though I get really frustrated and stressed and distracted, I obviously do that a LOT.  I like for my little boy to feel loved!  He helped me mix the meatloaf and was generally a sweetheart all day.

Today he threw a monster tantrum because I put his grapes and milk at the seat with his booster in it rather than at the regular kitchen chair he wanted.  He got the snack he wanted, but at the wrong chair.  How I torture this child.

I'm working at very low-pressure potty training because Charlie is becoming a nudist.  He strips off his pants and diaper at every opportunity and runs around the house joyously yelling "NAKEY BUTT!"  Yeah.  So cute when he peed on my couch Monday.  So now he is directed to the potty every time he strips, where he immediately demands the "telfofone," my iPhone, so that he can play the Tinkerbell game. Hear that, high school Charlie?  You love Tinkerbell.  Honestly, you love the only video game easy enough for you to play.  But you do have an odd loyalty to Tink in particular.

My life outside of the kids - Rich went to Vegas last weekend and it was rough on me, so he's been giving me a break as much as possible.  I got a night out to get a pedicure and wander downtown (Caribou and the library.  Magical.)  Wednesday Erin and I saw a sneak (Gleek) preview of the Glee concert movie, which was fabulous.  We laughed and danced and sang.  Aunt Mary and Dan flew in on Saturday and began a super exciting whirlwind tour of Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa.  Voluntarily.  They'll be back here tonight and we're also having Eileen and Brian for dinner.  Very exciting, although I should be cleaning my house!  And showering.  And watching the So You Think You Can Dance finale, which was already spoiled for me.  And recording my library audiobooks onto the computer.  And and and and and.  I'm only one person!

No comments:

Post a Comment